Low cost fast USB JTAG for programming and flash emulation
- program all MSP430Fxxx flash microcontrollers
- ultra fast programming 14KB/s faster several times than TI-USB-FET (1.4 KB/s with spy-bi-wire)
- uses TI standard 2x7 pin JTAG connector
- Spy-By-Wire support for the newest TI MSP430 devices
- can supply target with 3.3V fixed voltage
- MSP430.dll makes it compatible with all existing software which works with TI-USB-FET (emulates TI-USB-FET)
- compatible with IAR Kickstart software for programming, real time emulation, debugging, step by step program execution, breakpoints, memory dump etc everything all high priced emulators do
- with IAR Kickstart you can write in assembler unlimited code size and to write in C with 2K limit for all MSP430 microcontrollers
- works with free GCC C compiler and Insight MSP430 toolchain and debugger
- for MAC-OS users: reported to work with PS X 10.4 and current Parallels
- dimensions 50x40 mm (2x1.6") + 20 cm (8") cable
- OLIMEX MSP430-PROGRAMMER - freeware - stand alone software which allow you to program MSP430 devices without any 3rd party software
- MSP430 Kick Start C compiler and debugger (free for assembly language, limited for C)
- MSPGCC - free C compiler and debugger
Q: Can I use MSP430-JTAG-TINY with XYZ development IDE/tools?
A: MSP430.dll which is provided with MSP430-JTAG-TINY is100% compliant to Texas Instruments MSP430.dll and will work with *every* development software which supports the original TI MSP430-FET and MSP430-USBFET hardware platforms, we have tested EW-MSP430, Rowley CrossWorks, our customers have reported sucess with MSPGCC.
Q: Other companies charge money for MSP430 programming software, why yours is free?
A: To write MSP430 programming software using the TI MSP430.dll is very easy job, there would be probably tons of such programmers available if TI was not keeping the DLL content secret. The programmer software we offer is beta testing software so it may have bugs although we use it for years in house. Now we decided to release it for the public as we got number of request if we know for such software :). As we are more hardware company than software and we never got involved in sales of software we decided just to release it as freeware and not hassle with software copy protections and such.Note that it's not open source but copyrighted software, but it cost you nothing to obtain or distribute it. We are going to fix all reported bugs in timely manner but keep in mind that it's not commercial project and our peoples have lot of other stuff to do.