Professional ultra fast USB JTAG for mass programming and Flash emulation.
- program all MSP430Fxxx flash microcontrollers
- ultra fast programming 13KB/s faster several times than TI-USB-FET (1.3KB when spy-bi-wire)
- uses TI standard 2x7 pin JTAG connector
- Spy-Bi-Wire support for the newest TI MSP430 devices
- Can burn the MSP430 JTAG security fuse
- optoisolation 1000VDC, target circuit can be high voltage powered (electricity meters safe debugging)
- can supply target with variable voltage
- internal Flash - can work stand alone (with external power supply +12VDC)
- can work without computer in-field for firmware upgrade
- MSP430.dll makes it compatible with all existing software which works with TI-USB-FET (emulates TI-USB-FET)
- compatible with IAR Kickstart software for programming, real time emulation, debugging, step by step program execution, breakpoints, memory dump etc everything all high priced emulators do
- with IAR Kickstart you can write in assembler unlimited code size and to write in C with 2K limit for all MSP430 microcontrollers
- works with free GCC C compiler and Insight MSP430 toolchain and debugger
- dimensions 90x50x20 mm (3.5x2x0.8") + 20 cm (8") cable
- MSP430 Kick Start C compiler and debugger (free for assembly language, limited for C)
- MSPGCC - free C compiler and debugger
Q: What should be the polarity of the external power supply jack?
A: Inner pin is + there is protection diode so you can't go wrong.
Q: What is the maximum input voltage for the external power supply jack?
A: There should be 12VDC regulated voltage with 100mA current source, if more voltage is applied this will overheat the internal DC/DC isolation converter, the voltage should not exceed 14VDC in any case as it will damage the unit.
Q: How safe is to debug with my USB port what is the insulation voltage?
A: You can connect MSP430-JTAG-ISO to high voltage target and use with USB port connection, there is 1000VDC insulation.
Q: Can I use MSP430-JTAG-ISO with XYZ development IDE/tools?
A: MSP430.dll which is provided with MSP430-JTAG-ISO are 100% compliant to Texas Instruments MSP430.dll and will work with *every* development software which supports the original TI MSP430-FET and MSP430-USBFET hardware platforms, we have tested EW-MSP430, Rowley CrossWorks, our customers have reported sucess with MSPGCC.
Q: At what voltage is target programing when MSP430-JTAG-ISO is working in stand alone mode?
A: If your target is not powered externally MSP430-JTAG-ISO will power it up with 3.3V, if target is powered MSP430-JTAG-ISO will detect and follow the target voltage. Note that your target voltage should meet Flash programing minium voltage otherwise you will get error during programming.