Sirf Star III GPS module with internal patch antenna and 2 meter cable and UEXT connector.
We have evaluated about dozen of different GPS receivers before selectiong this one and we found this to be the most sensitive and with the least power consumption of all devices we tested (Mstar, Skytraq etc), we found that SIRF STAR III chipset allow satelite tracking even withing buildings and with the only 38mA power consumption this device beats all other we have tested.
- Built-in SiRF Star III chipset
- 200,000 effective correlators for fast TTFF
- 20 channels “All-In-View” tracking
- Cold/Warm/Hot start time: 42/38/1 sec. (average)
- Reacquisition time: 0.1 sec.
- Superior sensitivity: -159dBm tracking
- Ultra low power design (38mA, typical)
- Frequency L1, 1575.42MHz
- C/A Code 1.023MHz chip rate
- Power DC 3.3 ~ 6V, typical 5V
- Internal Back-up battery 3.0V, 5.5mAh, Lithium battery
- Back-up Current 7µA typ.
- Update Rate 1 Hz (max.)
- Accuracy Position 5 - 25m CEP without SA
- Velocity 0.1m/sec, without SA
- Time 1µs synchronized to GPS time
- Altitude <18,000m (60,000 feet)
- Velocity <515m/sec (1,000 knots)
- Acceleration <4G
- Motional Jerk 20m/sec3 max.
- GPS Protocol NMEA0183
- Interface RS232 CMOS, 19200 bps
- Build-in low noise, high gain active antenna
- UEXT connector allow this device to be interfaced to all Olimex boards with UEXT connector
- Super-cohesive magnetic for installation
- Operating Temperature -40 °C ~ +85 °C
- Storage Temperature -55 °C ~ +85 °C
- Relative Humidity 5% to 90% non-condensing
- Size: 47.0 (L) X 39.0 (W) X 16 (H) mm
- Weight: 66.6g
- PIC-LCD3310 demo code for compass, tracking, homing